“Everybody is talented, original, and has something important to say.”
In view of the recent upsurge of comments here on rjmarmol.com brought about by my adaptation/installation of the “NoFollow Free” and “CommentLuv” plugins, I have decided that a Comments Policy be created to provide a guide to all future commenters. Here are the basic rules and guidelines. Please take time to read this before commenting.
I reserve the right to update the list as I see fit.
- The use of foul language is strictly prohibited. It shall be taken down as fast as you can write it anyway, so why waste your time and effort, right? :)
- Links on the comment text field is limited to 2 links. Comments with more than 2 links shall be on queue for moderation. And even if you placed just 2 links, it will still be manually verified. Comments with unapproved links will also be removed.
- If you can help it, I suggest you refrain from putting links on the comment field area since these links, no matter how many you put in there, will NOT be “no follow’d”. Only the AUTHOR field URL is “do follow’d” anyway.
- Respect other people’s opinion. Remember, respect begets respect.
- Avoid spam-like comments or one-liners like “nice post”, “great post” and the like as much as possible specially if it’s littered with links. Otherwise, my auto-spam filter may catch it as spam. One-liner or one phrase comments followed by hordes of links are characteristic of spam so avoid putting links within the text field as much as you can if you don’t want it nuked by Akismet.
- If this can’t be avoided (specially if the link is essential to the comment/point being made, please limit it to two (2). Practice self-moderation.
- This blog is set to “follow” the URL link in the “Author name” field so put a valid link in that field as well. I regularly check for broken links and all comments with broken links will be removed in the interest of maintaining quality links.
- Also, to fight spam effectively, please be aware that your links will be followed ONLY AFTER A SET NUMBER OF APPROVED COMMENTS. This number is currently set to two (1) but is subject to change anytime without prior notice.
- I have the SEO for FireFox plugin installed in my browser so I can check real-time which links are “no follow’d” and which are not.
- Leave comments only if you mean it. Don’t just comment for the sake of the link love. Besides, I monitor my site comments round the clock (yes, I have that much time in my hands and I’m not bluffing) so all spam comments that will escape Akismet will be taken down manually.
- As much as I’d like to accommodate all your links, I regret to inform you that I can only “follow” sites/blogs written in English or Filipino. This is because I visit each and every link I “follow” and I can understand only those languages. I want to make sure that I have personally verified each link that is “follow’d” in this blog because I don’t want this blog to link to anything illegal or inappropriate. Again, I want to provide quality links only and maintain this as a family-friendly blog.
So there you have it. It’s not too difficult to follow, is it? :) Let’s make blogging as fun and interesting as it’s supposed to be. Yes, I show love, but only to those who deseve it. Don’t we all? :) And also, I don’t want this oh-so-personal blog of mine to be a breeding ground for spam. I make sure I do the best that I can to strike a balance between providing link love and avoiding spam. Please bear with me. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for reading this. Have fun commenting! Cheers!